Stop and smell the Roses

Monsoon is almost over and today i suddenly realized that "I have not yet enjoyed the rains". Soon the rains will be gone. As a child, I used to love monsoons. The rains were always welcoming. But it failed to remain so as I got BUSY with life. One of the reasons I struggle to enjoy the season is because I'm often in a rush. I have work, plans, things to cross off of my to-do list. Even on the weekends, I'm often "busy" with something I feel I must get done. If I really want to enjoy this monsoon and all the seasons my beautiful country offers, I realize that I must slow down and stop rushing. I need to take my dog on longer walks. I need to take the long way from the parking lot to my office. I need to stop rushing and start slowing down. I need to stop being an robot adult and be a child again. I need to stop worrying and live a bit again. I need to stop cribbing and love a bit again. I need to stop and smell the ROSES again. I ask you alll to just shake off from your routine life, slow down a bit, smile at that kid accross the street, nod at that elderly couple on the bench, stop and smell the roses and enjoy the rains. I leave you all, with a few passages from Mac Davis poem aptly named 'Stop and Smell the Roses'.

Stop and smell the Roses
Stop and smell the Roses


Google+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That’s what friends are for

Its friendship when.....