That’s what friends are for

Never thought I'd feel this way
And as far as I'm
Concerned I'm glad I got
The chance to say
That I do believe I love you
And if I should ever go away
Close your eyes
And try to feel the way
We do today
And if you can't remember.....Keep smilin'
Knowin' you can always count on me
For sure
That’s what friends are for
In Good Times
And bad
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for
You came in lovin' me
And now there's so much more I see
And so by the way I thank you....
For the times when we're apart
Just close your eyes and know
These words are coming from my heart
And if you can't remember....Oh
That’s what friends are for… 
I know am safe when am with you..
I know am safe when am with you.....
There are friends that you have polite chats with, and there are best friends. They're the people who root for you, no matter what. You tell them your deepest, darkest secrets, and instead of heading for the door, they stick around and your bond with them grows stronger.


Few months back my friend sent me news about some phenomenal successes he is enjoying in his chosen field. He was recently promoted to the status of Assistant Manager in a luxury hotel in Canada. I responded enthusiastically about his amazing gifts. He e-mailed back: “You, my friend, are too much! But I must say, I love having my own cheering section!" I responded, without even thinking, "What are friends for?"


Last Tuesday, I got a call from him in the night. His voice sounded heavy with emotions. He said he had called me because there in Canada, he had no one to share his emotions with. He wanted to come back home. The employment scenario in Canada was getting worse and he was afraid, he could lose his job. He was feeling very low and lonely. Hearing him made me sad. However, I responded enthusiastically about his amazing gifts. I reminded him how talented he was and how much I loved him. He responded back: "You, my friend, are too much! But I must say, I love having my own cheering section!" I responded, without even thinking, "What are friends for?"


Precisely! Life throws at you all kinds of challenges. It treats you with love and care on some days, and just pushes you around on some other days. Your day could start off being the best ever but a few hours into it and you could be thrown in a different direction altogether. You may decide that you are going to be positive and face all adversities with a smiling face but you soon realize you can’t do it all alone. You could say I don’t need anyone, but life makes you realize soon that you are not all that strong ALONE.


We all need that pillar on which we can lean, whenever we are tired or bored or are laughing uncontrollably. Friends are that pillar of strength. Friends help us laugh in our happiness and still laugh louder in our sadness. Yes!! You read that right. They ensure that we not alone in our happiness and we are not alone in our sadness. Who knew sharing could be this good. Friendships are what make us more human.


With my best friends I feel safe to talk about mad, sad and hurt feelings. Most other relationships stay at a level where we say that everything is "fine", knowing in our hearts that it's not true and we don't mean it. But with true friends, we never shy away from times when we feel the neediest-when our feelings have been hurt, when we are so angry we could spit fire, when we are grieving and depressed, when we feel unacceptable. Over and over, these are the times that have bonded us together the most.


Ask me today who is a friend. 
Are they the ones without whom my life seems lost? 
With whom I can share my thoughts?
With whom I need not wear any mask?
Whose clothes I can wear without having to ask?
Who will always fight for me?
Who will always be there, whatever the need be?

Words are not enough to describe what they mean to me. All I know today is my heart feels heavy whenever we are distanced and have to say goodbye and that we will be there for each other whenever times are good or bad. I know that God exists because he is the One to have blessed me with such good friends.
friends
best times ever....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop and smell the Roses

Its friendship when.....